Consult with application owners and vendors to create / configure operational environment. Depending on application, test environments can be created for application level testing. This is necessary before any programs are moved into an online production mode. Server hardware and load balancing is utilized to ensure maximum performance. Operational changes to the Operating Systems and active network (domain) are frequently maintained via Group policies. This environment, which includes both operating systems and end user application software, must be installed, monitored and supported. Incumbent must be quick and efficient in dealing with a heavy and diversified work processing load. Excellent Customer Service is a priority. Will be required to travel and drive personal or company car.
- Assist with hardware and software problems.
- Assist with installation and support of new hardware and software.
- Assist with planning, deploying and maintaining server-based support systems.
- Troubleshoot technical difficulties and user access issues for the server environment.
- Maintain reports of problems reported and resolutions.
- Incumbent is also responsible for all patching, application updates and virus related duties necessary to protect our client server environment.
- Provide technical support to the help desk in resolving end user access or application issues.
- Ability to comply with Help Desk service standards and provide good customer service is required.
- Moderate errors will be detected by occasional cross checks and can result in possibly lengthy amounts of time, and moderate dollar amounts.
- Actively participate in the sales and service culture, support the values of the organization and follow established holding company policies and procedures.
- High School graduate/equivalent and two years experience actively performing installation, systems administration, and hardware maintenance in a Microsoft / Intel server environment is required.
- A technology degree and one year of experience may be substituted.
- Must have a high degree of demonstrated proficiency with Intel-based server hardware platforms and configurations and experience with Microsoft Exchange and SQL.
- Prior experience with Citrix is preferred.
- Multi-server environment experience is also preferred.
- Certifications, training and/or additional experience associated with the Microsoft environment is a plus.
- Incumbent must be able to work as a team member with some direct supervision.
- Must be courteous, able to handle frequent deadlines and interact with people.
- Duties and responsibility require judgment, initiative and attention to detail and possess the ability to function well in a rapidly changing environment while working as a team player.
- A Professional demeanor is essential.
The above statements reflect the general details considered necessary to decide the principal functions of the job identified and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the job.