Vexus Fiber provides phone, cable, and internet to both residential business customers. Vast offers a comprehensive benefits package including employer-paid life insurance, 401K with a company match, free and discounted services, paid time off, extensive training, a company vehicle, uniforms, tools, and much more!
Vexus Fiber is looking for professional, reliable, and highly motivated individuals to join our HFC and Telephone underground cable drop bury crew.
- Provides the customer with the best service and promotes a good relationship between the customer and the company. Must convey a positive and professional appearance and demeanor when communicating the company’s products and services to the customer
- Verify all locates are completed before any task to be performed
- To install new service cable drops, replace existing cable drop
- Hand Burial or machine trenching
- Complete sidewalk and driveway bores, to include use of boring attachment
- Re-connection of an existing underground drop from the tap to the ground block
- Repair, replace, or re-route drops.
- Permanent underground drop replacement
- Includes removal of any old drops on-site when necessary and all restoration to customer satisfaction
- All follow up work needing to be performed needs reported to the manager
- Works closely with the Dispatch and Project Managers for assignment of workload
- Recording signal levels, daily times, function codes, and any additional system-specific required documentation
- Operate the vehicle, drop bury machine, hand tools, power tools, ladders, signal level meters, voltmeters, converters, cable locators, leakage detection devices, other test equipment
- Maintains a clean and organized company vehicle/ drop bury equipment.
- Assists other Team personnel in the performance of their duties when requested to promote a Team approach to a problem-solving environment.
- Other duties as assigned
- High School diploma/GED.
- Highly motivated
- Ability to handle multiple issues simultaneously
- Technical knowledge such as computer skills is a plus
- Successful completion of training and/or telecommunications certification programs is a plus
- Must have a current, valid, driver’s license
- Must be detailed oriented
- Must be a team player
Vexus Fiber is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Work outside in all types of weather.
- Must be able to lift, handle, and carry 80-pound, 28-foot extension ladder and meet ladder safety requirements. Standard heavy-duty ladder bodyweight restrictions are 275 pounds, extra heavy-duty ladder bodyweight restrictions 350 pounds
- Must be able to work at heights of 3-28 ft.
- Must be able to bend, stand, sit, crawl, climb, and lift throughout each day.
- Must be able to work in tight spaces, such as crawl spaces