Install and repair broadband communications system in compliance with company technical standards from consumer service to exterior access point locations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Essential duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to those listed below:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Perform new connects, reconnects, disconnects, upgrades, downgrades and change-of-service
- Install and relocate outlets
- Install or remove customer premise equipment
- Install interior and exterior wiring
- Connect peripheral equipment
- Train customers on proper use of equipment
- Monitor, repair and record system, drop, and in-house issues
- Assure proper signal levels and picture quality
- Identify causes of picture and/or signal degradation
- Troubleshoot from consumer device to access point
- Troubleshoot, repair and replace components from access point to consumer device
- Assure system security and tag drops and locking pedestals
- Take voltage measurements
- Understand/apply FCC technical standards
- Identify and report all incidents of noncompliance (FCC, OSHA and company standards)
- Provide superior customer service
- Complete all tasks to company quality standards
- Maintain professional appearance and behavior at all times
- Maintain excellent attendance
- Responsible for motor vehicle per company policy including equipment & tool inventory, vehicle security and vehicle maintenance
- Troubleshoots/repairs problems between customer equipment and access point.
- Tests, maintains, splices, repairs and replaces cable.
- Installs cable (underground and aerial).
- Troubleshoots/repairs problems
- Performs routine adjustment of components and equipment used to process signals
- Tests signal level and compares findings with documentation.
- Performs network troubleshooting including ping test, trace routes and speed test.
- Other duties as assigned - which may include training other employees
- Able to present technical information to a non-technical audience
- Able to work independently
- Able to accurately measure distances using tapes and other measuring devices
- Able to prioritize and organize assignments and responsibilities
- Able to accurately maintain records, logs, reports, work orders, etc.
- Able to operate office equipment, fax, copier, etc.
- Able to handle escalations and time-critical issues
- Able to read street maps and system design prints.
Position requires a high school diploma or equivalent. One to two years of experience in the broadband communication or telecommunications field preferred.
Basic computer skills are required including internet and e-mail.
Physical Demands/Working Conditions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Able to work flexible hours as required including evenings, weekends and on-call shifts
- Must have a valid driver’s license and good driving record
Vexus Fiber is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Ability to work while standing most of the time
- Ability to walk or work over all types of terrain, in all types of weather
- Ability to carry tools and equipment including, ladders, tool belts
- Ability to work in tight spaces while bending, twisting and reaching
- Ability to carry, climb and operate extension ladder (approx. 28’ & 75lbs)
- Ability to differentiate between different sizes and colors of wires
- Ability to perform work in elevated places (i.e., roofs and utility poles)
- Ability to use drills, hammers, wrenches, screwdrivers and other hand tools
- Ability to work with small components
- Ability to use close vision, peripheral vision and adjust focus
- Ability to work in poorly vented areas such as attics, in extreme temperatures
- Ability to move, crawl, bend, stoop, kneel, crouch, reach, pull, push, and grasp
- Ability to lift up to 75 pounds
- Physically able to work computer equipment and test equipment
- Ability to work in environments that may have dust, dirt, noise, insects and cleaning solutions
- Ability to work safely near power lines and electrical equipment
- Ability to drive Company vehicles in a safe manner
- Must be able to meet the physical limit requirements of personal protective equipment, aerial lift equipment, ladders and/or gaffs that may be used in this position.