About the position:
This position will be assigned to the Mesquite Grove Golf Course on Dyess AFB, TX
This position will be filled as Flexible (0-40 hours guaranteed per week).
Who May Apply: Open to everyone. Applicants will be categorized by preference(s) and/or priority consideration eligibilities. An applicant's eligibility will be determined based on eligibility claimed in the questionnaire and proof of eligibility MUST be provided with application by the closing date
- Operates field-type tractors with attachments to maintain the grasses at the golf course.
- Operates a variety of equipment to include but not limited to the following: mowers, aerators, plows, harrows, clippers, sprayers, disks, post hole differs, moveable dozer, blades, backhoe, and other equipment ranging from small hand held applicators to tractor draw liquid and solid dispensers.
- Makes all adjustments to equipment to ensure proper settings, connections, and mechanical soundness of equipment
- . Observes all safety rules and regulations pertaining to vehicle operation. Performs operator maintenance on field-type tractors and related equipment.
In order to qualify, you must meet the experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if the position allows for qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application.
- Experience which demonstrates the ability to manipulate both tractor and equipment controls at the same time; knowledge of equipment to make connection on mechanical drive shafts and hydraulic lines; and skill to manipulate equipment over different types of terrain.
- Must have experience in operating and performing maintenance on field-type tractors and associated equipment.
- Must be physically able to frequently lift and carry objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to frequently stoop, bend, reach and climb.
- Must be able to satisfactorily complete a pre-employment physical. Exposed to extreme heat; possibility of cuts and bruises
- . Must be able to satisfactorily complete a Tier 1 Background Investigation.
- Individual must fully meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must be registered for Selective Service
- Direct deposit is required
- Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-Verify) check
- A probationary period may be required
- Pre-employment requirements must be satisfactorily met prior to Entrance on Duty (EOD)
- Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government's interest.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this job opportunity announcement. And additional selections may also be made from this job opportunity announcement.
- Selection(s) are subject to restrictions resulting from hiring preferences and priority consideration eligible.