The Office Manager plays an essential role in coordinating and overseeing administrative duties in the office for TruClear.
Duties and responsibilities
The Office Manager must handle various tasks and administrative assignments to ensure the office operates efficiently and smoothly. The Office Manager maintains office services by organizing office operations and procedures, preparing payroll, controlling correspondence, designing filing systems, overseeing safety database and records, reviewing and approving supply requisitions, and assigning and monitoring clerical functions. Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Oversee and support all administrative duties in the office and ensure that office is operating smoothly
- Develop office policies and procedures, and ensure the appropriate implementation
- Perform receptionist duties: greet visitors, and answer and direct phone calls
- Complete accounting entries, month-end closing, expenses, invoices, payables, receivables, and related bookkeeping functions
- Perform payroll functions in an accurate and timely manner
- Performs data entry to maintain and update the company safety database
- Provide other administrative support as necessary, including scheduling group meetings, maintaining calendars, doing research, and creating reports
- Maintains inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level, anticipating needed supplies, placing and expediting orders for supplies
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to produce reports, assign tasks, accept instructions and handle vendor contracts, among other tasks
- Hands-on experience with office machines (e.g., copiers, fax machines, printers)
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize work
- Organization and the ability to multitask to complete a wide variety of tasks
- Flexibility to help them adjust to new tasks if company or office needs change
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact positively with all customers, vendors, and employees
- Attention to detail to ensure tasks are completed thoroughly and correctly
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite and Google programs
- Experience with bookkeeping, including accounting entries, expenses, invoices, accounts payable, accounts receivable, expense processing, invoice processing, payroll, and related accounting functions
- Proficient with QuickBooks
- Experience with software and systems related to expense management, accounts payable/receivable, fixed asset depreciation, safety databases, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new software applications quickly with minimum support
The Office Manager works mostly in a traditional office setting. Activities include extended periods of sitting while working at a computer and occasional fast-paced operations and events. May be exposed to loud sounds and distracting noise levels, such as office equipment.
Must be able to perform the following:
- No heavy lifting expected. May require occasional lifting up to 20lbs.
- Sitting for extended periods at a desk and working on a computer.
*Job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities required of the employee.
*Job description to be reviewed and updated as often as necessary.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $11.00 - $17.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Payroll management: 1 year (Required)
- QuickBooks: 1 year (Required)
- Microsoft Office / Excel: 1 year (Required)
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- High stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment