Enthusiastic Early Childhood Professional whose greatest passion is to see kids learn and grow. This position provides planned, organized and developmentally appropriate activities designed to promote social, physical, and intellectual growth and development for children from birth through school age within the philosophy of the Day Nursery of Abilene, Minimum Standards for Child Care Centers and Texas Rising Star Provider criteria. Each day, our teachers have the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of the children, creating joy in each child’s life by teaching through play and hands-on activities.
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent education
- Have at least 1 year of experience working with children and/or a certificate in early childhood education or currently working towards the completion of one
- Submit to various background checks including those completed through the Child-Care Licensing including Criminal Background, Central Registry and FBI Fingerprint Check (no convictions for any felony offenses, misdemeanor offenses classified against person or family, public indecency or the Texas Controlled Substance Act.)
- Must pass drug screen
- Be mentally and physically capable of caring for a large group of children alone in a classroom
- Possess a strong work ethic, be punctual, and have minimal absences
- Be available for full time employment and available to work evenings and weekends if necessary
- Have dependable transportation
- Ensure the safety and well-being of each child by responding to their emotional, social, and physical needs as well as their educational needs
- Always utilize developmentally appropriate practice and best practice methods
- Be warm, responsive, and nurturing with children Always relate to and interact with children in a warm positive, responsive, and nurturing manner while supervising them.
- Be a positive role model for all care giving staff and children
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you have a good relationship with co-workers, managers, parents, and children.
- Meet customer service and professional standards
- Provide excellent customer service according to the standards of Day Nursery of Abilene
- Stand and walk
- Normal or corrected hearing and vision
- Kneel, bend and squat
- Lift, carry and pull 5-50 pounds
- Sit in chairs and on the floor
- Perform CPR and rescue breathing