Hours: Monday thru Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m., flexible
Salary: $13.00 - $14.15 per hour (DOE). Will be eligible for a one and two year step increase, depending on satisfactory performance
Benefits: Medical, Life, 401a, 457, ROTH.
This is a full-time (40 hours a week) position that provides a variable level of support to consumers with mental health issues in an integrated Psychosocial Rehab treatment team structure. This includes, but is not limited to providing assistance in accessing medical, social, educational, or other appropriate support services as well as linkage to more intensive services if needed. This position is responsible for carrying a caseload for providing Skills Training and Psychosocial Rehabilitative services within Levels of Care 1-3 of the Texas Resilience and Recovery model of treatment. This position requires intervention and frequent in-person, long-term contact with individuals, families, and service providers. This position requires the ability to: identify problem/need areas; work under pressure and stressful situations in a professional manner; be thorough in completing required documentation; locate and utilize a variety of community resources to meet the needs of each individual; assist in negotiating and advocating for each individual with service entities outside the Center; and develop a positive relationship with each consumer. This position is responsible for direct assessment of the consumer's living environment and for providing spontaneous assistance as needs arise. This position provides a basic level of rehabilitative services addressing daily and independent living skills such as opportunities to acquire and improve skills for problem solving, accessing services and community resources, obtaining and maintaining safe, affordable housing, communicating effectively, appropriate socialization, and developing a natural support system. This position provides medication training and support services based on Patient and Family Education curricula as well as Illness Management and Recovery curricula. This position requires the use of a private vehicle for job duties/responsibilities. This position must maintain monthly performance targets. Duties are performed under the supervision of the Mental Health Program Administrator and under the direct clinical supervision of a LPHA, with some latitude for the exercise of independent judgement.
• High school diploma; or a high school equivalence certificate issued in accordance with the law of the issuing state.
• Must have at least one cumulative year of receiving mental health services from or through the department.
• Prefer work or volunteer experience or expertise in one or more of the following areas: employment acquisition, housing, budgeting, community resource acquisition, etc. and the ability to communicate that knowledge to others.
• Must possess a current Texas driver's license and qualify for Center coverage.
• Must have an insured personal vehicle to be used for Center duties/responsibilities.
• Must demonstrate competency in the provision and documentation of Medicaid MH rehabilitative services