We are looking for a skilled machinist to operate primarily CNC milling machines to perform assigned tasks. You will produce, modify, and repair precision parts using automated equipment and accurate measurements.
Must also have knowledge of mathematics and mechanics as well as respect for safety precautions.
The goal is to ensure effective production operations and optimize procedures.
- Review samples, drawings or instructions to understand specifications of output
- Plan the sequence of necessary actions for the completion of a job
- Take measurements and mark material for cutting or shaping
- Determine and program size of batches, speed and feed rates etc.
- Monitor machine while working to adjust the feed, maintain temperature and identify issues
- Check output to ensure consistency with specifications and discard defects
- Keep records of approved and defective units or final products
- Perform routine machine maintenance and repair minor damages
48 HR work week with other overtime opportunity
- Proven experience as CNC machine operator
- Ability to use precision tools (e.g. calipers, CMM) to take accurate measurements
- Knowledge of the properties of metal and other material
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics and manuals
- Good at math with analytical abilities
- Physical stamina and strength to lift heavy items
- High school diploma or equivalent; completion of vocational training or an apprenticeship will be an asset
- Use and understand Mazak Mazatrol a plus but not required