Incumbent has frequent contact with customers, loan officers and other bank department employees. Customer contact is face-to-face, by telephone, and by written correspondence. Incumbent guides staff by providing legal guidance and ensuring the bank is compliant on all legal matters. Physical effort required is average.
- Review all bankruptcy documentation received daily. Perform tasks such as preparing and filing legal documents, handling bankruptcy correspondence, and communicating with bankruptcy courts, trustees and attorneys. Handle cases in accordance with bank and government guidelines. Refer to attorney if needed and at the appropriate time.
- Review all potential Real Estate accounts in delinquency. Ensure customers are aware of available options. Determine if the owner is eligible for restructuring of the note through the loss mitigation process. Determine the options the bank can use to help borrowers avoid foreclosure.
- Review any potential foreclosure. Refer to attorney at the appropriate time. Ensure all required timelines are followed and documents needed are acquired.
- Receive and review repossession updates, condition reports, and oversee transportation logistics of repossessed inventory. Review for all needed documents and ensure actions are at the proper time in the process.
- Review charge off and deficiency balances for further action. Determine if debt claims need to be filed, a 1099C needs to be sent, or another course of action.
- Actively participate in the sales and service culture for First Financial Bank of Abilene, support the values of the organization, and follow established Bank policies and procedures.
- Must maintain a positive and professional image for the bank.
The above statements reflect the general details considered necessary to decide the principal functions of the job identified and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the job.
- Bachelor’s degree or five years of relevant work experience is required.
- Experience in foreclosure, bankruptcy and mortgage servicing.
- Knowledge of banking industry rules and regulations and government regulations.
- Strong communication skills, proficiency in the use of computers and software, attention to detail, persistence and prioritizing.
- Problem solving with a calm and positive attitude.
- Manage multiple tasks and responsibilities simultaneously with attention to detail. Processing work accurately in a timely fashion, and follow through on assignments to completion.
- Most important qualities are diplomacy, dependability, initiative, accuracy, motivation and professional demeanor.