Commercial/Personal Lines Account Manager
About Perkins Insurance Agency
Perkins Insurance Agency was started in 1977 by Leroy Perkins in Anson, TX. Over the last 40 years, from humble beginnings in that small west Texas town, Perkins Insurance Agencies, LLC has grown organically, in a manner that is ethical and morally sound. This integrity-based approach has helped us evolve into one of the leading providers of insurance and risk management solutions. Our team focuses on educating our clients with clear and consistent communication, providing them with the tools and knowledge necessary to make the decisions that are best for their families and their businesses. We believe this leads to a stronger client/agent relationship and creates a better more savvy consumer of insurance, risk management products, and protection. With locations in Abilene and Clyde, we serve our clients throughout the state of Texas and beyond.
Our team is focused on delivering a high quality customer experience in service before and after the issuance and onboarding of a new client. We utilize the latest technologies, social media, and a warm and inviting office environment to create an atmosphere that is welcoming to both our team and our clients. Essentially – we focus on taking the insurance purchasing and conversation TO our clients instead of asking them to COME to us. Whether it’s business insurance, personal insurance, health insurance, or life insurance, we can help.
Mission of the Account Manager
To serve and grow the book of clients assigned to you by providing extraordinary service, educating the customer, identifying revenue growth opportunities and generating referrals. Account managers focus on growth within their current book of business while also backing up their co-workers. Evangelize and educate the benefits of working with Perkins Insurance Agency to clients.
Primary Responsibilities & Duties
- Maintain an average book of business retention of over 90% (this is based on the number of policies up for renewal in a given month vs. the number of cancelled policies that were processed that month.)
- Proactively reach out to clients and work with clients on their policies.
- Conduct ongoing account reviews for your designated portion of the business.
- Generate referrals for personal, commercial lines, and other departments
- Proactively call cancelled businesses to try to bring them back to the agency.
- Generate additional revenue on the book of business in the form of increased coverage, account rounding, adding policy features, and generating referrals for new business.
- Provide outstanding inbound service on claims, billing questions, and endorsements.
- Have a positive attitude and efficient work ethic, including finding ways to streamline processes using technology tools to the fullest and limiting general distractions.
- Conduct new business files audits and work with the producers to check their new business files for accuracy.
- Support the marketing and branding team in the following ways:
- Providing them any business cards to be entered into marketing campaigns
- Suggesting blog, email and social media topics to the marketing department
- Sharing agency social media posts on personal social networks
- Participating in pictures and agency branding opportunities when invited
- Other responsibilities as directed by your manager.
- 3+ years of commercial or personal lines account management experience preferred.
- Experience in an insurance agency setting required.
- High School Diploma, Some College Education, College Degree Preferred or equivalent insurance experience.
- Experience in a customer/client-facing environment.
- Ability to manage competing priorities efficiently without compromising the level of service provided to clients.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.