The Registered Nurse (RN) Case Manager (CM) is responsible for coordinating the care and service of selected patient populations through the acute care episode transitioning the patient across the continuum. The CM works collaboratively with interdisciplinary teams, both internal and external to Hendrick Medical Center (HMC), to improve patient care through effective utilization and monitoring of healthcare resources. The CM assumes a leadership role to achieve desired clinical, financial, and resource outcomes.
Minimum Education: Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing.
Minimum Work Experience: 3 years clinical experience as a staff nurse in an acute care hospital with Charge/Nurse Manager experience beneficial.
Required Licenses/Certifications: Registered Nurse ;Certification through Commission for Case Manager (CCM) or American Case Management Association (ACMA) within 2 years of hire.
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Ability to demonstrate advanced communication and interpersonal skills
with all levels of internal and external customers, including but not
limited to medical staff, patients and families, clinical personnel, support
and technical staff, external agencies, and members of the community.
- Ability to engage in complex clinical decision-making.
- Ability to show strong commitment to interdisciplinary collaboration and
- Ability to demonstrate strong computer skills.
- Ability to demonstrate strong critical thinking and analysis skills and
conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to demonstrate excellent human relations skills.
- Ability to show creative problem solving.
- Ability to be proficient with organization and planning.
- Ability to show initiative and work with no supervision.
- Ability to tolerate frequent interruptions and demanding workload.
- Proficient in Allscripts EMR, Allscripts CM software program, Milliman Care
Guidelines (MCG), IDX and 3M within 6 months