• Consistently maintains standards of quality, presentation and flavor of foods.
• Makes recommendations for maintenance, repair and upkeep of the kitchen and its equipment.
• Personally works in any station assigned by the Executive Chef or Sous Chef.
• Assists in maintaining and cleaning equipment.
• Checks mise en place before service time.
• Understands and consistently follows proper sanitation practices including those for personal hygiene.
• Attends staff meetings.
• Performs other appropriate tasks assigned by the Sous Chef.
• Gathers all supplies and small wares to prepare for daily service
• Prepares all food from menu using standard recipes in accordance with club standards.
• Notifies Sous Chef in advance of expected shortages.
• Maintains security and safety in work area.
• Adheres to local and state health and food safety standards.
• Ensures that work area and equipment are clean and sanitary.
• Covers, dates and neatly stores re-usable leftover products.
• Knowledge of basic food culinary fundamentals.
• Available to work flexible schedule and/or overtime, if needed.
• Awareness of occupational hazards and safety precautions; skilled in following safety practices and recognizing hazards.
• Knowledge of and ability to perform required role during emergency situations.
• Must be able to communicate clearly with managers, kitchen and dining room personnel.
• Able to produce all assigned menu items according to the club’s standard recipes.
• Helps in other areas of the kitchen during slow periods or when necessary.
Supervisory Responsibility – This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a private, hospitality setting with amenities including golf, tennis, fitness, pool and food/beverage. Majority of one’s time will take place in the culinary kitchens.
• Required to stand for long periods and walk, climb stairs, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, stretch, and twist or reach.
• Push, pull or lift up to 50 pounds.
• Continuous repetitive motions.
• Work in hot and humid environments for long periods of time.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work This is a full- time or part-time position. Days and hours of work vary and could include some nights and weekends.
Education and Experience
• Must be at least 16 years of age.
• A minimum of 6 months previous hospitality industry cooking experience preferred.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance Must be eligible to work in the United States and at least 16 years of age.
Abilene Country Club is an equal opportunity employer and will make any necessary and reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.