POSITION: Food & Beverage Operations Manager
DEPARTMENT: Food & Beverage
REPORTS TO: General Manager
FLSA STATUS: Salaried, Non-Exempt
This position oversees, directs and coordinates the entire food and beverage operation at the facility by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversees food and beverage operations during events to ensure client and customer satisfaction.
- Manages all Food and Beverage vendor relationships and operations during the events.
- Develops event work plans including scheduling and ordering of products and assigns appropriate duties to subordinates.
- Maintaining labor costs and budget goals.
- Maintain and implement Point of Sale system procedures relating to purchasing, product movement and inventory; assure that system is being used to its capacity.
- Assists Director/General Manager with monthly sales projections and annual budget process.
- Implement cost and inventory controls and direct day to day operations activities to maximize efficiency and profitability.
- Ensure that all standards for safety and sanitation are maintained.
- Reviews food and beverage purchases and schedules submitted by each department to determine sufficient product and staffing levels are met.
- Inspects food service facilities to ensure that equipment and buildings meet requirements of state and local health laws and internal regulations.
- Ensures that points of sale for each event are maximized to achieve budgeted sales goals.
- Inspects and tastes prepared foods to maintain quality control standards.
- Maintains and operates all dishware and good in the facility.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Oversees supervision of all hourly staff.
- Helps to develop and implement
Daily contact with the General Manager, Operations Manager, Event Managers and other employees.
This position requires minimal stooping and lifting. Substantial walking and manual dexterity to operate office equipment such as a computer is required.
Works throughout the building. Subject to wet floors, temperature extremes and excessive noise; must be able to lift up to 50 pounds in weight.
- At least three years of management experience in a food and beverage facility servicing concessions, catering and special events.
- Advanced oral and written communication skills.
- Strong orientation to customer service and ability to work with other staff members in the facility.
- Results oriented individual with the ability to meet required budgetary goals.
- Excellent organizational, planning, communication, and inter-personal skills.
- Ability to undertake and complete multiple tasks.
- Computer skills to include Microsoft Office programs.
- Serve-Safe certified preferred
- Attention to detail and service oriented.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
ASM is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.