Cisco College is accepting applications for a full-time Custodial Position at the Cisco College campus in Abilene, Texas. Duties will include normal custodial type activities as well as some lifting and working with various cleaning chemicals. The position offers full time (12 Month) employment with excellent benefits and an hourly rate of $8.97. Scroll below for job description.
CISCO COLLEGE offers a generous benefit package, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance. For the medical benefit only, member-only coverage along with $5,000 of basic term life is provided at no cost to the employee. Other coverages are selected by the employee and payment made through payroll deduction.
The benefits of working in higher education are many and allow you to plan well for your future. Cisco College offers retirement savings such as Teacher Retirement System or Option Retirement Plan – for qualified positions. Twelve month employees also receive both sick and vacation leave on a month to month basis.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Application may be completed online and submitted via USPS, fax, or email (email is preferred). Cisco College application is available on the Employment Page of the website at www.cisco.edu. Those without access to the internet may pick up an application at the Front Desk at the Abilene campus. Application should be submitted to:
Director of Human Resources
101 College Heights
Cisco, TX 76437
(254) 442-5100 (fax)
Cisco College is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Title: Custodian
Last Updated: 9/24/2019
Reports to: Director of Physical Plant
Job Summary: Cisco custodians are responsible for assisting in the creation of a physical environment that is clean, comfortable, safe and sanitary, that supports our students, employees, and visitors at the Abilene campus.
A Cisco College Custodian is expected to accomplish assigned duties in an efficient, effective and competent manner, and to strive for improvement and excellence in all work performed. Additionally, Cisco College employees are asked to demonstrate a commitment to the comprehensive role of the community college as stated in the College Mission, and to cooperate and work harmoniously with College personnel and the public. All Cisco College employees are expected to follow College policies, rules, regulations, and guidelines that relate to this position.
1. Perform daily cleaning procedures to the assigned areas. This may include, but is not limited to, cleaning restrooms, dusting, mopping, trash removal and may require light lifting.
2. Inform supervisor of deficiencies such as cracked windows, leaking faucets, defective plumbing valves, defective doors and locks, and any other unsafe condition.
3. Maintain an appropriate inventory of custodial supplies and materials as required to perform the assigned tasks.
4. Maintain all custodial equipment in such a way as to achieve the maximum life of each piece of equipment.
5. Abide by OSHA safety standards, and follow MSDS and other safety procedures as instructed by supervisor in the performance of duties.
6. Performs other duties as assigned by Supervisor.