As a Director, you will have responsibility over daily operations, as well as optimization of the sales process and of marketing activities to schools and your surrounding community. This job offers valuable, personal growth enhancing experience and training in every aspect of business: operations management, sales, marketing, finance/accounting, human resource management, and customer relationship management. It is done through the vehicle of the supplemental education industry, which enables children to develop life changing confidence and success in the classroom (visit www.sylvantestimonies.com to hear actual Sylvan success stories).
As a successful Director you will:
· Direct the sales process of new and potential enrollments, including successfully handling initial inquiries from parents as well as maintaining effective communication with parents/caregivers regarding their student’s progress through continual conferences and open communication
· Creating an experience that surpasses customer and student expectations. You will do this by providing exceptional customer service/customer relationship management, ensuring/managing the adherence to all policies and procedures, and maintaining a safe, engaging learning environment for the students
· Selecting, training, and managing your center’s employees (including instructors and other administrative staff)
· Administering Sylvan Skills Assessments to students and analyzing/utilizing the results to effectively meet the needs of each individual student and their families
· Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with students’ teachers to optimize student’s success in the classroom
Specific qualifications for the Director position include:
· Bachelor’s degree
· Excellent verbal communication, persuasion skills and strong relationship-building abilities
· Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
· Performance driven and self-motivated
· Organizational and time management skills
· Detail orientation
· Effective problem-solving skills
· Coachable attitude and ability to adhere to processes/procedures
As a Director with Sylvan Learning, you will be part of one of the most successful centers in the country. You will be working/training under two of the top Sylvan franchise operators in the United States, who own and operate 4 different Sylvan franchises that are in the top 10 out of 600 centers in the United States and around the world (Abilene- #3, Lubbock- #1, North Fort Worth- #4, and South Fort Worth- #9). Sylvan is a high-quality educational company that focuses on skill mastery as well as on building consumer value within the educational industry. This commitment to excellence and to creating a positive experience inspires many of our employees to remain with us for years.
As Director, you will not only be given the opportunity to partake in business management, sales, profit and loss control, and gain invaluable leadership experience, you also have the opportunity to make a huge difference in the lives of children and families in your community.
Here’s some of what we have to offer:
· Competitive income that offers lucrative incentives for meeting company objectives: total income can range between $45,000 - $70,000 annually depending on individual/center performance
· Potential stock ownership opportunities available within the corporation and the ability to one day own and run your own Sylvan center
· Unlimited full ride Sylvan program scholarships for all children/immediate family members
· Professional development opportunities: National conferences annually in cities like Baltimore, Las Vegas, Phoenix, Orlando, etc.
· Medical coverage
· 15 days PTO in first year
· Many career advancement opportunities available: Center Director, Regional Director, Executive Director, Partner/Owner
Help us to make a positive difference in the lives of our students!