Lighthouse Global Energy
The basic functions of the Technician I at Lighthouse Global Energy, (LGE) are to plan, direct, and perform technical job activities of LGE and ensure technical jobs are performed in a safe, efficient, and timely manner.
- Education: A high school diploma or equivalent is preferred. Training in maintenance, repairs, and warehousing preferred. Formal training in the same or related field is a plus.
- Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities: Be able to deal effectively with other team members. Be able to read, understand and follow all Checklists and Technical Orders. Technician must have the ability to explain technical issues in non-technical terms, to develop and optimize overall solutions, and resolve conflicting priorities or issues.
- Physical: This job requires sitting, standing, walking, bending, stooping, kneeling, moving around and over obstacles. Lifting required up to 70 lbs. Ability to read reports, manuals, specifications, model numbers, and to complete forms. Be able to make written and oral reports.
- Mental: Be able to read and understand specifications and technical manuals related to hardware and the job, to understand time and cost impact of the decisions and actions taken related to the job. Be able to make calculations required by the job. Be able to effectively understand and communicate instructions and reports. Be able to effectively maintain and enforce quality and safety standards.
The Technician I report directly to the appointed Manager.
- REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS
The responsibilities of the Technician I include but are not limited to:
6. PERFORMANCE MEASURMENTS
The measurements of performance to judge the Technician I by consists of the following:
- Evaluate, disassembly, clean, parts inspection, assembly, test and repair/overhaul components, subunits, or simple models or adapts standard equipment. May troubleshoot and correct malfunctions.
- Performs test of components using standard test equipment and recording of test results.
- Keep work area free of debris, neat and clean.
- Review the job and product specifications and determine the necessary requirements in hours, equipment, and materials.
- Follow all checklists and work instructions.
- Ensure all unused materials are returned to inventory in a timely manner and consumables are returned to appropriate area.
- Ensure all payroll hours, job hours, and data is accurate and properly assigned.
- Ensure only necessary material, hours, etc. are drawn or used and return if necessary.
- Manage the jobs in an efficient, safe, and effective manner.
- Report any unsafe or unlawful action.
- Safeguard all LGE property and prevent loss or unauthorized use.
- Communicate with all other LGE employees as necessary and appropriate to be effective and to maintain a good working relationship with them.
- Make recommendations for improvements.
- Follow LGE policy and document all accidents.
- Check equipment as required and maintain it in a safe and calibrated manner.
- Use good judgment and reasoning in investigating and solving problems.
- Maintain and respect the confidentiality of Company, employee, suppliers, and customer data.
- Promote good morale and motivation.
- Recognize and deal with priorities on the job. Plan and schedule materials.
- Perform all duties in an approved manner with minimal direction and supervision.
- Recognize and perform duties that need to be performed although not directly assigned.
- Provide proper notification of absences.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Production Control Specialist.
- Receives and stores inventory items as inbound shipments arrive.
- Document discrepancies of inbound materials and report to appointed manager.
- Document/Photograph damages with (a) Packaging (b) Materials on inbound shipments and report to appointed manager
- Store items in bins, on the floor, or shelves with appropriate tags.
- Create customer shipments daily according to order board and customer due date
- Accurately pick inventory for customer order fulfillment
- Follow shipping procedures to maintain shipping accuracy and security
- Assist Purchasing/ Inventory Coordinator (PIC) with inventory count cycles
- Jobs are completed on time and to adequate efficiency or profit standard.
- Technician reports to work on time in the morning and after lunch.
- Reports are accurate and completed on time.
- Conforms and supports LGE’s policies, rules, and procedures.
- Safety and quality.
- Effective communication with other team members.
- End of job material is returned to stock.
- The satisfaction of the appointed manager.
I understand that the Company reserves the right to change this job description at its discretion.