Job Title: Field Technician
Reports to: Supervisor, Field Service Manager
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Department: Network Support
Your job is to be a problem-solver and in-field support staff, working on the ground for our team during installs and repairs when they are needed near in your area. As our closest link to early customers, your attentiveness, expertise and technical skills will be essential to the company’s success. You will wear many hats, and be exposed to a variety of demanding situations. You will need to train customers on how to properly use their brand-new equipment so they feel confident and excited to use the services when you leave their home.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Essential duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to those listed below:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Make repairs on the fly, with and without instructions from our team
- Perform new connects, reconnects, disconnects, upgrades, downgrades and change-of-service
- Perform top-tier customer service!
- Install and relocate outlets
- Install or remove customer premise equipment
- Manage problems of all sizes with thoughtfulness and professionalism
- Keep the team aware of evolving situations with great communication
- Understand and document customer needs
- Manage or coordinate on-the-ground interactions between various fleets, installers, suppliers, and Vexus
- Proactively observe and conduct quality inspections
- Complete all tasks to company quality standards
- Maintain professional appearance and behavior at all times
- Solid attendance performance, evaluated by consistent adherence to attendance guidelines.
- Responsible for motor vehicle per company policy including equipment & tool inventory, vehicle security and vehicle maintenance
Basic computer skills are required including internet and e-mail.
Physical Demands/Working Conditions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Able to present technical information to a non-technical audience
- Able to work independently
- Able to accurately measure distances using tapes and other measuring devices
- Able to prioritize and organize assignments and responsibilities
- Able to accurately maintain records, logs, reports, work orders, etc.
- Able to operate office equipment, fax, copier, etc.
- Able to handle escalations and time-critical issues
- Able to read street maps and system design prints.
- Able to work flexible hours as required including evenings, weekends and on-call shifts
- Must have a valid driver’s license and good driving record
VEXUS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Ability to work while standing most of the time
- Ability to walk or work over all types of terrain, in all types of weather
- Ability to carry tools and equipment including, ladders, tool belts
- Ability to work in tight spaces while bending, twisting and reaching
- Ability to carry, climb and operate extension ladder (approx. 28’ & 75lbs)
- Ability to differentiate between different sizes and colors of wires
- Ability to perform work in elevated places (i.e., roofs and utility poles)
- Ability to use drills, hammers, wrenches, screwdrivers and other hand tools
- Ability to work with small components
- Ability to use close vision, peripheral vision and adjust focus