THE MISSION OF THE JUNIOR LEAGUE OF ABILENE, INC. The Junior League of Abilene is an organization of women committed to promoting voluntarism, to developing the potential of women and to improving the community through the effective action and leadership of trained volunteers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES The purpose of the Office Manager is to enable the membership of the League to fulfill its mission by providing administrative and accounting support and ensuring the stability and continuity of an organization whose leadership and membership changes on an annual basis.
- Work week will consist of four (4) to five (5) hour shifts in the morning time from Monday through Friday, not to exceed 20 hours per week
- Work regularly scheduled hours, although weekends, evenings, and before and/or after normal working hours may be required to meet deadlines or to attend meetings or conferences
- Follow opening and closing office procedures
- Answer phones and act as receptionist
- Opening and distributing mail addressed to the League, providing copies to appropriate Board or committee chair
- Maintains office set of required documents for standards
- Coordinates, schedules, and oversees setup of events reserved in the League Headquarters
- Coordinates, schedules, and oversees regular maintenance and basic upkeep for League Headquarters
- Secures approval for all invoices and prepares check payments
- Assists with supply ordering for the League House as well as League events and assists with event setup as needed
- Performs and maintains physical inventory of League assets at least twice annually
- Provide support to the Finance Director/Treasurer with monthly account reconciliations and data entry into accounting software
- Assists in organizing any deliverables (supplies, hard copies, etc.) needed for meetings
- Assists League President in preparing and distributing meeting agendas and the latest bank account report, along with any supporting materials for Board meetings and other meetings, as necessary
- Assists the Finance Director/Treasurer with member financial obligation tasks, including setting up the dues in Digital Cheetah, distributing dues invoices, etc.
- Assists the Membership Development Director with tasks involving Digital Cheetah, including but not limited to member obligations, payment plan setup, money raising obligations, etc.
- Attends Board meetings, with exception to any Board-related confidential information in which case the meeting will be closed.
- Organizes, updates, and archives electronic and hard copy agenda and meeting packets
- Maintains official record of Board approved Policy and Bylaws upon Secretary completing and turning into staff
- Coordinates with the staff to update the Board Orientation Notebook annually
- Attend general membership meetings on a monthly basis (September-May)
- Assists Committee Chairmen in preparing and distributing meeting agendas and supporting materials for Council meetings, General Membership Meetings, and other meetings as necessary
- Attends Leadership Council meetings as necessary
- Ensures proper backup is performed on a routine basis for all computers
- Maintains membership directory in Digital Cheetah and provides mail list, including contact information, especially pertaining to the following: Board, Council, Sustainers, or others as requested
- Maintains a proficient understanding of League software Digital Cheetah and stays up-to-date on training, new features, and upgrades pertaining to profiles and reporting.
- Coordinates with Communications Council to ensure content on the website, both internal and external, is up-to-date
- Provides Digital Cheetah training to League leadership as necessary. For example, working with Carousel Leadership to prepare a merchant portal, ticket landing page, merchandise landing page, etc.
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT REQUIREMENTS
- MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.)
- Google Drive applications (Mail, Doc, Sheets, Forms, etc.)
- Internet browsers (Chrome, Safari)
- WordPress or other web publishers
- General Accounting knowledge
- Financial Accounting systems, specifically WolfePak and QuickBooks
- High school diploma required
- Associate’s degree preferred
- Minimum of three to five years of administrative/office management experience
- Well-developed interpersonal skills
- Basic bookkeeping or accounting knowledge
- Professional presence and demeanor
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines with professionalism and efficiency
- Discretion with confidential information regarding donors, prospective donors, Board records, and member records
- The ability to work with others to accomplish the mission of the League
- Must possess a current driver’s license and have and maintain an insurable driving record
Majority of work takes place in a controlled office environment with moderate noise levels and climate control, including the following physical requirements:
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time
- Must be able to use hands, fingers, and arms and possess general dexterity to operate a personal computer and general office equipment
- Must have near vision and the ability to focus for use of a personal computer
- Will also use hands and arms for grasping, reaching or holding items
- Set up meeting sites (may involve moving and setting up tables and chairs)
- May need to lift up to 30 pounds
- May require travel within the City proper
- Must have car insurance and all auto policies required by state law
TO APPLY: Qualified candidates should submit the following items by email to firstname.lastname@example.org