Typical Day in the Life
A typical day as a Tax Associate in Abilene, TX might include the following:
- Prepare a high-level return for a multi-million dollar client.
- Work with the tax team to ensure the various components of the tax process are performed - including tax planning, client interaction and performing special tax projects.
- Gather relevant tax-related information from the client so an accurate tax return can be prepared.
- Look at tax situations from various angles to ensure the maximum tax benefit is applied.
- Prepare accounting-related reports through a paperless office environment.
- Attend professional development and training seminars on a regular basis.
Who You Are
- The word "tax" is not foreign to you, and you can easily explain details of your tax experience and/or can explain the difference between a 1040 and an 1120.
- You live and breathe public accounting. It is your true life's passion, although certainly NOT your only interest!
- You enjoy keeping up-to-date on the ever-changing tax industry's regulations and policies.
- You have a knack for solving problems and easily notice issues while bringing solutions to the table.
- You have knowledge of and exposure to a variety of industries. If you have experience working with financial institutions and ProSystem Tax, that's a plus!
- In addition to all of this, you hold an active CPA license (or are actively pursuing one) and have at least 1-3 years of experience in public accounting tax work.
Must be authorized to work in the United States permanently without the requirement of sponsorship at any point in the future.