About Condley and Company, L.L.P.
Founded in 1939, Condley and Company, L.L.P. provides reliable accounting and consulting services to clients throughout Texas, as well as the United States. The firm maintains a heavy concentration serving banking entities, not-for-profit organizations, healthcare providers, construction companies and closely held businesses. Condley and Company, L.L.P. is an independently owned member of the RSM McGladrey Network. The firm has a staff of more than 70 employees, which includes 11 full-time partners.
Our goal is to provide each employee with an opportunity to build their career, make a difference in the world, and have their talents recognized and appreciated. We pride ourselves on our commitment to our team, and we nurture positive, supportive relationships within our workforce just as we do our client relationships.
A career with Condley can offer you unique advantages such as diverse projects, experience, and clientele; a healthy work/life balance; direct interaction with partners and client executives; career advancement and support; and competitive compensation and benefits. If you are interested in joining a stable, growing, team-based professional services firm, we want to hear from you.
To apply, please click HERE. With any questions, please contact Alyssa.Rasco@condley.com.
Position Type: Full-Time with average hours of 40-50 per week
Location: Abilene, TX
Minimum Entry Requirements
Bachelor's degree with concentration in accounting or finance
Experience in payroll preparation and payroll tax reporting (preferably a minimum of 2 years)
Experience in general ledger review and financial statement preparation (preferably a minimum of 2 years)
Comprehensive understanding of accounting procedures
Experience with QuickBooks Desktop or WolfePak is a plus
Supervisory experience is a plus
Role Success Factors
- Reviews payroll, accounts payable, payroll tax reports, sales tax reports, general ledgers, and other related accounting services tasks; maintains open items list and conducts self-review of work
- Sees the big picture for client’s business, objectives, and industry and thinks creatively to solve business problems as well as team conflict
- Takes responsibility for service quality, thoroughness and accuracy; proactively works with client to gather data and follow-up on open items
- Assesses problems and issues and interprets the implications for the client
- Participates as a confident knowledge resource and idea generator in client meetings and calls
- Stays current on regulatory and industry issues and shares applicable information with others
- Dedicates time to coaching others in software knowledge, business process, research skills/resources, technical expertise, planning and project management skills via on the job training
- Takes initiative to be a team player. Seeks opportunities to help others.
- Engages, motivates and provides timely feedback to team members
- Proactively communicates work/project status with team and client in a direct and respectful manner
- Develops loyalty and trust with team and with client
- Takes responsibility for client work being performed on time, appropriate scope of services and within budget
- Takes on work outside of “comfort zone”; asks for stretch assignments to develop
- Recognizes role in executing change management
- Takes ownership of personal career goals and seeks out mentors, advisors and coaches within the firm to help achieve aspirations
- Recognizes resource/team capabilities, aligns the right talent to the work, delegates work effectively and holds team accountable for deliverables
Financial & Firm Performance
- Builds relationships across lines of business to ensure client service excellence through an integrated service approach
- Attends community and firm events to build the practice
- Continues to develop peer network
- Alert to client needs that may result in growth opportunity for the firm and communicates to team and client
- Considers ideas that could result in additional services
- Understands our business, how we generate profit, and has the ability to think tactically and act quickly to capitalize on an opportunity
- Promotes the brand through interacting with clients and personal network
Personal Effectiveness & Expertise
- Meets charge hour and realization expectations
- Demonstrates awareness of Condley’s risk management policies and procedures (e.g. client confidentiality, client acceptance)
Equal Employment Opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Condley and Company, L.L.P. where employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or new ones may be added at any time, with or without notice.
- Conducts self-review to ensure work is complete and no open issues exist
- Demonstrates ability to review work of other staff members
- Demonstrates an understanding of and applies industry-specific tax and accounting concepts
- Recognizes the ‘go to’ professionals in Condley for specialized knowledge
- Continues to master software tools
- Solid understanding of tax code regulations and how they apply to the technical aspects of tax preparation and planning
- Demonstrates self-awareness of personal strengths and developmental areas
- Targets written or verbal communication to appropriate audience