Typical Day in the Life
A typical day in the life as a Payroll Specialist may include the following:
- Process live or after-the-fact payroll for our clients and record payroll-related entries.
- Knowledge of the following is required:
- Payroll tax filing and reporting
- Garnishments and child support rules and calculations
- Taxes for multiple states
- Taxability of employee benefits
- Understanding of overtime rules federal and state
- Maintain the chart of accounts and build journal entries for accounting.
- Ability to consult with client questions regarding payroll
- Prepare Quarterly and Annual payroll returns for both federal and
- Work closely with assigned outsourced accounting team to help ensure client success and timely delivery of services.
Who You Are
- You have 2-5 years of experience in payroll
- You are proficient in Microsoft Office (Word and Excel) and can easily learn new software. Experience with Apex HCM is a plus!
- You're comfortable and experienced with working in a paperless environment.
- You have strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- You enjoy working with a team and you have a positive attitude and willingness to learn new things and accept new challenges.
- You have a strong sense of urgency to handle a variety of projects and meet required deadlines, and you are able to deal with urgent and/or unexpected client matters that may arise.
- You are excited to learn about services our Firm offers and are willing to make client connections.
- You have a strong customer service mentality.
- In addition to all of this, you have an Associate's degree or a Bachelor's degree (Accounting or Business Administration preferred) or related work experience. Additionally, a CPP or FPC designation is a plus!
Must be authorized to work in the United States permanently without the requirement of sponsorship at any point in the future.