Are you looking for a position that will STIR things up? AbiMar Foods, Inc. is a manufacturing company that produces cookies and crackers and we are currently experiencing rapid growth at our Abilene, TX facilities. Our continued success depends on the recruitment, development, retention and promotional opportunities of great people. We believe in our culture, values and the ability to find specific behaviors needed to carry on the ability to grow valuable employees that will make an impact, both for the company and for the employee.
The Payroll & benefits Coordinator helps organize, coordinate and carry out payroll and benefit department projects and processes for an organization. The payroll & benefit coordinator will work directly with and assist the payroll and benefit supervisor to fulfill a variety of necessary payroll and benefit tasks related to employee engagement efforts.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Point of contact for payroll and benefit information to the employees.
· Review new hire information, data entry of information into payroll and benefits systems.
· Serve as a back-up for G-coding when receptionist is behind or out of the office
· Assist in annual benefit open enrollment.
· Reconcile benefits with payroll and insurance carriers and following up with any errors
· Communicate effectively (verbal and written) with all contacts
· Accept and adapt easily to change
· Ensure that all activities are consistent with Company Mission Statement
· Operate job-related equipment with or without an accommodation
· Meet physical demands of job with or without an accommodation
· Perform other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function and assigned task satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, competency, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Exceptional Excel and Google knowledge a must, or able to learn quickly.
· Responsible for maintaining software and spreadsheet information.
· Educate employees on benefits the company offers (401K, health, wellness)
· Educate Supervisors on Time Clock system for approving time.
Generate weekly and monthly reports to assist supervisors in employee information on raises, hours worked, OT per department, turnover information, etc.
· Maintain strict confidentiality
· Exhibits dependability, including following instructions; responding to supervisor’s direction; and taking responsibility for own actions
· Ability to take initiative, including asking for and offering help when needed, and perform work independently without being prompted
· Ability to manage competing priorities, prioritize and plan work activities, use time efficiently, and work within deadlines
· Acceptable attendance
· Positive attitude
· Team player
· Sense of urgency
· Ability to meet frequent short timeline goals and deadlines
At AbiMar Foods we value:
Simplicity – We are flexible and practical in order to provide on-time solutions.
Teamwork –We create the future in a systematic and collaborative way by joining our individual talents.
Integrity - Our actions reflect who we are, what we say, and what we do. We are authentic and committed therefore we are credible.
Respect – We value and understand different points of view. We are open to constructive dialogue.
AbiMar Foods, Inc. is making a Better Place to Work by providing happiness and nutrition with innovative experience through committed people contributing to sustainable development along.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
AbiMar Foods, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, AbiMar Foods, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfers, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
AbiMar Foods, Inc. expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
Job Type: Full-time