Save the date!
The Annual Meeting & Awards Celebration is the Chamber's annual party where we celebrate the past year, celebrate the future, and honor those who have helped shape that future.
Recognition is given to outstanding achievements of business community leaders and organizations, as well as giving thanks to member companies, individuals and volunteers. This year's event is sponsored by Taylor Telecom.
For more information about the Annual Meeting, contact Shannel Anderson, Director of Member Engagement.
Citizen of the Year Award, presented by the Abilene Chamber of Commerce, has been given annually since 1946 to a person (or persons) who has made an impact on our great city. Individuals and organizations are invited to nominate someone they believe has contributed in an outstanding manner to the betterment of the Abilene community over the last year, several years or a lifetime in determining the award.
Chairman's Award is chosen by the current Chairman of the Board of the Abilene Chamber of Commerce. This award goes to an individual who has excelled and gone above and beyond in their participation within the Chamber.
Excellence in Agriculture Award is chosen by the Chamber Agriculture committee, this award is presented to an individual or business who has demonstrated exceptional devotion to the advancement of the agriculture industry in the Big Country area.
Leadership Abilene Award is presented to a Leadership Abilene Alumni whose participation in Leadership Abilene has directly resulted in a commitment to the Chamber's mission and activities at an extraordinary level.
Military Affairs Committee (MAC) Award is presented to a Military Affairs Committee member who has shown exceptional selfless commitment to our local military heroes and their families while bridging the gap between Dyess and the Abilene community.
Corporate Star Award is chosen by the Chamber's Executive Committee from Chamber member nominees and has been traditionally awarded at Business Expo. The Corporate Star Award recognizes a local business with 50 plus employees that goes above and beyond for the Abilene community.
Hispanic Business Council Champion Award is chosen by the Hispanic Business Council, this award is presented to a Company that has shown exceptional support to the Hispanic Business Council and its mission of building a bridge between Hispanic and non-Hispanic businesses and consumers.
Redcoat of the Year is nominated by Chamber Redcoats, the Redcoat of the year is awarded to an individual who goes above and beyond standard Redcoat duties of welcoming new and growing businesses to Abilene while enhancing visibility of established businesses with ribbon cuttings/ground breaking ceremonies and by celebrating anniversaries.
Young Professional of the Year strives to recognize the accomplishments of young professionals in Abilene by highlighting their advancement in their field, as well as their significant contributions to attract, retain, and engage young professionals in the Abilene community.
Nonprofit of the Year Award the Chamber presents this prestigious award to an organization that exemplifies best practices in nonprofit management and professional development while making a profound difference in the lives of citizens of Abilene.
Here at the Abilene Chamber, we're committed to creating and providing an environment where you feel comfortable, but also have the freedom to do business. Here are a few guidelines we'll be following:
- To protect your health and the health of others, masks will be strongly encouraged and will be on-hand for those who do not have one.
- We'll have multiple hand sanitizing stations throughout the facility as well as signage encouraging one way traffic at our larger events.
- Unsure of if the person you're wanting to visit with is physically distancing? We'll have colored bracelets on-hand to help you communicate to those around you which measures you are practicing. A red will mean no contact, yellow elbows only while still being cautious, blue hi-five and handshakes with frequent sanitizing.
- We ask that if you do not feel well or have an inkling that you have been exposed to stay home.
- Thanks to our partner, Armament Shield Abilene's Germ Killer, we have access to Breathe-In technology that will help disinfect the air at our larger events in the hope to mitigate viruses.